- The Bearsted Primary Academy (BPA) curriculum is delivered within relevant and purposeful contexts, is built upon prior learning and is designed to be challenging, ambitious, interesting and motivational to all pupils and is rooted in research and current thinking.
- Every child is recognised as a unique individual and we celebrate and welcome differences within our diverse school community.
- We aim to create happy inquiring, lifelong learners who respect and care for the world they live in and all those who live in it.
- BPA learners will understand how they are connected to the world in order to take action to improve their own lives and the lives of local and global communities.
- The BPA curriculum celebrates diversity and utilises the skills, knowledge and cultural wealth of the community while supporting the children’s spiritual, moral, social and cultural development, ensuring that children are well prepared for life in modern Britain.
- Community involvement is an integral part of our curriculum, learning about, with and from it.
- The curriculum will be underpinned by the National Curriculum (NC), the International Baccalaureate Primary Years Programme (IB PYP) and the United Nations Sustainable Development Goals (SDGs). It will be entrenched through conferencing and an effective cycle of evaluation by all stakeholders.
- Teaching staff will not only plan and deliver the curriculum, they will be responsible for monitoring and driving the impact and effectiveness of all subjects and opportunities for learning for all pupils, overseen by the Curriculum Lead. This will ensure that the curriculum is not only broad, balanced and inclusive but that all pupils learn the skills, knowledge and understanding significant to their stage of learning and for achieving their ambitions in life, building upon and augmenting these year on year.
- Everything about the curriculum is designed to be aspirational through experiences and opportunities for all pupils to enrich their learning.
- Inclusion and well-being are at the heart of Bearsted Primary Academy to be certain that all pupils know and understand how they are a valued member of society, how it is their right to feel and to be kept safe and how to maintain their own positive well-being.
A broad and balanced curriculum is at the heart of an aspirational and successful school. We shape our curriculum delivery through the framework of the International Baccalaureate Primary Years Programme (IB PYP). As an authorised IB PYP school, our curriculum development, intentions and scope are derived from a shared international understanding and rooted in the philosophy and ethos of the International Baccalaureate. Our curriculum delivery drives pupils to become lifelong learners who seek knowledge, truth and an understanding of their global context; and who respect and care for the world they live in and all those who live in it.
An inquiring learner is also an effective thinker, communicator and risk-taker. Our learners, both adult and pupil alike, will have agency as critical thinkers and take action as creative thinkers. They will reflect upon their successes, circumstances and barriers, making adaptations and finding solutions through open-minded and honest learning dialogue and conversations. This communication approach is known as conferencing within our academy.
Collaboration is pivotal to all that shapes the academy as by working together, we will all achieve together. Through an alliance between all stakeholders of the academy, through mutual care and respect, we will create an environment which fosters and promotes the importance of a principled approach to learning and teaching and caring for each other.