back to 'about little bears nursery'


Did you know your childcare provider may be entitled to £302 additional funding to further support the education of your child?

If your child is three or four years old, childcare providers can claim up to £302 per year to spend on enriching your child’s education. The funding is called Early Years Pupil Premium (EYPP).

How this could help your child?

It will help your child to:

  • Benefit from extra resources and equipment suited to their needs
  • Enjoy a range of new play, learning and activity experiences
  • Be better prepared for starting school

Childcare settings will have to demonstrate to Ofsted how funds have been used to improve your child’s education. If you are still eligible, the funding can also be transferred if your child moves to another childcare provider.

If you are claiming one of the following benefits or credits, your provider may be able to claim additional funding for your child:

  • Income Support
  • Income-based Jobseeker’s Allowance
  • Income-related Employment and Support Allowance
  • Support under part VI of the Immigration and Asylum Act 1999
  • The guaranteed element of State Pension Credit
  • Child Tax Credit (provided you are not also entitled to Working Tax Credit and have an annual, household, gross income of no more than £16,190)
  • Universal Credit (if you are entitled to Universal Credit and have an annual net earned income equivalent to and not exceeding £7,400, assessed on up to three of your most recent Universal Credit assessment periods)

EYPP may also be paid for children who meet the following criteria:

  • If a child is currently being looked after by a Local Authority in England or Wales
  • If a child has left the care of a Local Authority in England and Wales due to one of the following:
    • Adoption Order
    • Special Guardianship Order
    • Child Arrangement Order

Please speak to your provider who will help you fill out the relevant section of your Parental Declaration and they will then apply on your behalf.

Disability access fund

Your child’s early years provider could get £800 or more per year to help with their education and support.  This will be paid direct to your early years provider.

You can apply to get disability access funding if your child is aged 3 or 4 and you’re receiving both:

To apply for disability access funding speak to your childcare provider or local council.